The key idea of the project lies on the fact that maintenance consultants and experts always would like to extract sound information from the corporate CMMS in order to assess maintenance data, records, etc. and then apply criteria and performance indicators, combining them with their expertise and experience, and conclude into their recommendations and audit reports for the management. Capitalising on this state-of-practice, the project will develop an IT system to be used by industries themselves. A system using a plug-in approach, that will dynamically interface (“bridge”) with CMMS repositories and retrieve all necessary stored data in order to build, piece-by-piece, the current “picture” of the company’s maintenance performance.
The expected project results are the following:
- A comprehensive report on performance assessment indicators and criteria in the industrial maintenance domain, as a result of consultation and consensus amongst key European decision makers in maintenance.
- An ontology which unambiguously models all main entities and their relationships in a typical maintenance domain, taking into account also the identified Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and simple performance criteria.
- An Auditing tool, which incorporates the ontology, the KPIs and the assessment criteria, in order to perform automated audit based on retrieved maintenance data from the corporate CMMS.
- A Progress Control tool, which monitors the progress of the maintenance department and issues electronic progress reports.
- A Decision Support tool (DSS), which analyses CMMS data and data from the ambient environment of the specific industry, in order to derive recommendations for leveraging maintenance performance and offer proposals for ameliorating identified shortcomings.
Three partners from different arenas (service oriented company, consultancy firms, maintenance development organisation) and European countries (Greece, Portugal, Sweden), will provide answers such us which maintenance strategy is suitable in each case, how each company can effectively implement it, how it will be able to measure and analyse the implementation results, etc. Information also concerning project activities, maintenance ontology, KPI’s, auditing, etc, will be available.
Automatic link with most CMMS in the market
Benchmarking grouping based on several characteristics